Did You Know?
- C. Andrew Nelson is the great-great-great-great-great nephew of legendary American pioneer Davy Crockett. He is also related to Jesse James, but not a blood relative.
- In 1995 Andrew was given the “key to the city” of San Francisco by Mayor Frank Jordan.
- Andrew was a contestant on The Price is Right. He never made it out of “contestants row”, but he received some lovely parting gifts.
- At one time, Andrew worked for the United States Department of Commerce.
- Comedian and Saturday Night Live alumni Rob Schneider and C. Andrew Nelson grew up in the same home town and went to rival high schools. They both hosted a pledge drive one year for the town’s local cable access television station which Andrew worked for. Andrew worked briefly with another SNL alumni, Dana Carvey, at this same cable TV station, a place that no doubt served as an inspiration for the “Wayne’s World” sketches.
- In September of 2004 Andrew worked with a third Saturday Night Live alumni, Will Farrell, live on stage at the University of Southern California as they helped host the star-studded 75th anniversary celebration for the school.
- In his days as a stand-up comic, Andrew performed at the renowned Holy City Zoo.
- Andrew once scared the snot out of Steven Spielberg’s youngest daughter.
- For a short time, Andrew was a roadie for the band Duran Duran.
- Andrew’s original career plan before getting involved in acting and visual effects was to be a professional stage magician. He still practices the art of prestidigitation, which greatly amused his children as they were growing up.
- Andrew picked a fight with world heavyweight boxing champion Lennox Lewis…and lived to tell the tale!
- Queen Latifah dropped everything she was doing one day and insisted that she be allowed to have her photo taken with Andrew.
- Andrew had the biggest Oscar recipient alive ask him for his opinion.
- By rearranging the letters in the name “C. Andrew Nelson” you can create the descriptive phrase “Clown Ensnared”. (You can also get the term “Lawn Condensers”, but that really doesn’t make much sense now does it?)
Intrigued? Want to know more about any of this? Drop Andrew or his management a message and maybe they will clue you in on the full story.